A while back, the Spousal Unit brought home some premade chicken feta burgers from Sam’s Club. They were a processed food so they are generally on the no-no list, but they had minimal ingredients and were kinda tasty (probably all that salt).
I thought I could certainly make something similar at home. So I did.
Ground chicken is.. um.. gross. It’s goopy and sticky. I am going to try to grind my own but in the meantime, I’m just buying it from the grocery store.
This recipe is super simple.
I haven’t yet tried to cook these on the grill yet.. they are kinda soft and squishy. Maybe if you refrigerate them first. These would be really good with some tzatziki sauce. But I didn’t have any so I just topped with a few cucumber slices and called it good.
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 5 oz of fresh baby spinach (that’s about 2 big fistfuls)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ½ of a roasted red pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the ground chicken in a medium bowl
- Chop the spinach and mince the garlic and add to the bowl
- If using jarrred peppers, blot dry with a paper towel and dice. Add to the bowl (are you getting the idea here?)
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and smoosh together until combined.
- Divide into 4 blobs
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Shape a blob into a patty about ½ inch thick and add to the skillet. Repeat with the remaining 3 blobs
- Cook on medium high for about 7 minutes each side