Look.. I know it’s been ages since I posted something.
and this draft has been hanging out forever … so I’m just going to post it.
Because you all should make this. I cobbled together a few Moroccan Beef recipes from the interwebs and came up with this.
So, please forgive my incredibly lame post and just make the recipe… okay?
Let me know how you like it.
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- ¼ cup golden raisins (see note)
- Heat the oilive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add the diced onion and cook until translucent
- Stir in the carrot and cook for about 3 minutes
- Sprinkle the coriander, cumin, cinnamon, and cayenne over the top and stir to combine. Cook until fragrant, about one minute
- Now is a good time for a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Shove all of the stuff in the skillet to the edges and crumble the ground beef into the middle.
- Break up the ground beef and cook, mixing in the rest of the ingredients, until the beef is cooked through and everything is well combined
- Shove everything to the edges again, and dump the pine nuts in middle and toast, stirring constantly until slightly toasted. Mix the pine nuts in with everything else and turn off the heat.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning
- Serve over brown rice with a dollop of yogurt