Sweet Potato Breakfast Mash
- One sweet potato
- half of one small hamsteak (about 2 ounces?), diced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- olive oil, to taste
- Poke holes in your sweet potato, wrap it in a paper towel and microwave for about 3-4 minutes, turning over once.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook the onions and ham until the onions are soft and the ham is slighly crispy
- Peel the sweet potato and mash with a fork, adding olive oil to taste.
- Mix the ham and onions in to the sweet potato and put back in the skillet. You may need to add more olive oil to the pan (or butter.. your choice)
- Cook, flipping occasionally until it's as crispy as you like it.
- Serve with eggs cooked over easy
Serving size: one potato and two eggs
Recipe by Pirate Jeni at http://www.piratejeni.com/2012/02/23/sweet-potato-breakfast-mash-2/