Farinata with Pecorino, Lombata and Baby Arugula
Serves: 8 Slices
- ⅔ cup chickpea flour
- ¾ cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pecorino Shavings
- 4-6 slices of Lombata. (If you can't find lombata, I weep for you. I suggest prosciutto as an option)
- small handful of baby arugula
- good quality olive oil for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- Whisk the chickpea flour into the water until smooth. Mix in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the salt.
- Cover and set aside for at least 2 hours. 4 is better if you can stand it.
- Heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Add the remaining olive oil to an oven safe skillet and put the skillet in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet and pour in the batter. Swirl the skillet so the batter covers the bottom of the pan and creeps up a little on the side.
- Return the skillet to the oven for 15 minutes or until the edges are a bit brown and crispy
- With a stiff spatula, remove the farinata from the skillet and slide out onto a cutting board.
- Top with the cheese, arugula and lombata. Drizzle on some olive oil and sprinkle with additional salt and pepper.
- Slice into 8 pieces and enjoy while warm
Serving size: 8 Slices (what? hush you!)
Recipe by Pirate Jeni at http://www.piratejeni.com/2012/03/24/file-this-under-foods-worth-waiting-for/