Dad's Favorite Apple Crumb Pie
Serves: One 9 inch pie
- Pie crust (enough for one crust - eventually I'll post my crust method/recipe)
- 6 to 8 tart baking apples (I like Granny Smiths)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ⅓ cup butter
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Roll out the pie crust and line a 9 inch pie pan with it.
- Peel and slice the apples
- Toss with brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Fill the crust, unbaked with the apples. Don't worry if there seems to be too many.
- Crumble the butter, flour, sugar and ½ cinnamon together to make the crumb topping.
- Top the pie with the topping. Use it all. Really.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for 30-35 minutes until bubbling and apples are baked but still firm.
Recipe by Pirate Jeni at http://www.piratejeni.com/2012/09/19/there-is-nothing-special-about-this-pie/