Cinnamon Vanilla Cashew Butter
- 9 ounces of roasted, unsalted cashews. (My store sells them in 9 oz containers. It's about a cup and a half give or take)
- ¼ cup of melted, unrefined coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Put the cashews in your food processor and whirl until they resemble course meal.
- While the processor is running, drizzle in your melted coconut oil. Do not be alarmed if it clumps up. Just keep processing until it evens out.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Process until smooth.
- Taste: adjust seasoning to your liking.
Recipe by Pirate Jeni at http://www.piratejeni.com/2013/02/06/make-your-own-cashew-butter/