Honey Garlic Ginger Beef Jerky
- 4-5 pounds of lean beef, cut into strips
- ½ cup of honey
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 inch chunk of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup canning or Kosher salt
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- Put the honey, garlic and ginger is a small sauce pot and heat until just boiling. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add salt and water to the pot, stirring to dissolve the salt.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the ginger and garlic are soft.
- Add the cardamom and cloves and immediately remove from heat. Stir
- Puree with immersion blender, regular blender or food processor.
- Allow marinade to cool.
- Add the marinade to the meat and smoosh it with your hands to get every piece covered.
- Put the meat mixture in a plastic bag and allow to marinate over night.
- Put the strips of meat on a dehydrator tray and dehydrate at 160 degrees until dry but still bendy. About 8-9 hours.
so, this really stuck to my dehydrator trays because I let it cool on the trays. Don't do that.
Recipe by Pirate Jeni at http://www.piratejeni.com/2013/03/05/honey-garlic-ginger-beef-jerky/