Serves: Two liters
- 8 cups of rhubarb juice
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup of cane sugar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- the juice of three limes
- ⅛ tsp dry champagne yeast
- One clean two liter soda bottle or clean 20 ounce soda bottle and three flip top beer bottles.
- Boil the 1 cup of water and stir in the sugar and salt to dissolve
- Let cool.
- Add the sugar water and lime juice to the rhubarb juice and stir to combine.
- Taste. Too tart? add sugar. Too sweet? I doubt it, but add lime juice.
- Combine the yeast and the remaining cup of water and stir to combine.
- Add the yeast mixture to the juice mixture and stir very well.
- Bottle, leaving 1 inch of head space and set in a safe place at room temperature.
- When the plastic soda bottle is firm and you can hardly make a dent when you push on it, refrigerate the soda overnight. (Do NOT store at room temperature after the original fermentation)
Recipe by Pirate Jeni at http://www.piratejeni.com/2013/07/08/rhubarb-soda-and-a-true-brews-giveaway/