Update 9/23/2020: I‘m on a project to update all of the recipes here to a new format and it’s given me some serious chuckles. I mean.. is this a recipe? Was this ever a “wellness blog”? Why did I ever give up egg yolks even temporarily?
Since this really is a wellness blog.. not just about karate, I thought I’d post a recipe I sort of adapted from a fuller fatter version that involved frying and egg yolks. I’d site the source, but I don’t know where the original came from.
Anyway, this was very tasty! Makes 4 servings but it heats up nicely the next day.
Falafel Chicken and homemade Tzatziki sauceCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
- Falafel Chicken
Four boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup store bought Falafel Mix (I like Fantastic Foods)
- Tzatziki Sauce
1/2 cup diced English cucumber
1 cup Greek Yogurt
1 clove of garlic,minced
1 Tbsp dried dill
Lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
- For the chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly oil a sheet pan, maybe think about investing in an oil mister
- Put the falafel mix in a zip top bag, put the chicken in the bag, one at a time and shake to coat the chicken
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes or until cooked through
- For the Tzatziki Sauce
- Mix all ingredients together. That’s it.
- Apologies for calling this a “recipe”