I can't remember where I've updated who... but Targ has a mass on his spleen. Could be a hematoma.. could be a tumor. My gut is telling me to leave it alone... something is nagging at me but I'm never sure if it's just my own fear of losing him on the table or if it's actually something I need to pay attention to. Life sure was "easier" when I just let people make decisions for me. Anywho, I have a list of questions and I'm prepared to walk out if any of the following occurs:
Recovery after surgery
Surgical complications because of
If this is a hematoma, what are the chances of it healing on it's own
And this is my last consideration because, thank the gods we have an emergency fund: Cost
- I get any serious or real flack over his raw diet.
- They want me to be out of the room when they examine him. (With the exception of x-rays of course.)
- The surgeon give me attitude for my questions, which I believe are valid questions, but I know the mentality around here is just "trust the doctor". Not me.
- Prognosis with or without surgery if it's a hematoma: same for if it's a tumor (incidentally hemangiosarcomas move VERY quickly)
- Long term outcomes with or without surgery including chance of bleeding out either way
- Any special needs after surgery
- Age (6 is a senior dog in bullmastiffs)